PCI Awareness Training: Getting a Better Understanding of PCI Compliance
Are you trying to better wrap your head around PCI compliance and understand how it affects you and your company? The PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) is offering PCI Awareness Training for all individuals. Whether you are looking for a self-paced course, or if you are in need of face-to-face interaction, the PCI SSC wants to help you understand the guidelines around PCI compliance, and help you work toward adopting version 2.0 of the PCI security standards.
The PCI Awareness Training is offered as a one-day, instructor led course, or also as a four-hour online course, depending on what option works best for you and your employees. The course offers an opportunity for companies to provide PCI training across multiple functional areas to ensure a universal understanding of PCI compliance. The course is designed to help answer questions and improve understanding around PCI security standards, and the adoption of version 2.0. Some specific topics covered include:
- What is PCI and what does it mean to a company that must meet compliance with the PCI Data Security Standard?
- Roles and responsibilities of the key players in the compliance process.
- How the credit card brands differ in their requirements for PCI reporting and validation.
- Overview of the infrastructure used by organizations to accept payment cards and communicate with the verification and payment facilities.
- Real world examples of PCI challenges and successes.
Whether you choose to take the course online, or the face-to-face with an instructor option, you will come away with the knowledge needed to help you and your company better meet the PCI DSS and PA-DSS requirements, in order to achieve PCI compliance.
The instructor course is available for $995, while the online training is $495 per person (discounts available for larger numbers registered employees). For more information, take a look at the PCI Awareness Training course information. You will also be able to find dates for the instructor led courses, as well as more information on the online options (The next scheduled instructor led training is on August 24, 2011 in Boston, Mass.).